Update on projects
Congratulations to all members who have been able to participate in the competitions so far this season. My thanks also to the sponsors and organisers of these events.
I would like to extend an invitation to you with regards to two projects.
1. PBV Strategy Workshop
25 May, 11.00am-2.00pm.
The purpose of this workshop is to determine how we will achieve our strategic priorities, as well as to invite individuals and groups to volunteer to take responsibility for implementing actions within the strategy. Please register your intent to participate in the strategy workshop via email to
2. Victorian Youth Pipe Band (VYPB)
The VYPB Committee of Management extends an invitation to members bands or individuals to design and propose a logo for the Victorian Youth Pipe Band. Please forward your proposal (Attention: Don Walkley) by 31 March to
Further, the VYPB is needing to purchase or lease some materials: – bass drum – box of reeds (100) – chanter covers. If your band is able to assist, please contact Don Walkley as soon as possible at
Finally, please ensure that you mark these special dates in your calendars:
- 6 April – PBV Branch Council meeting (Geelong)
- 14 June – PBV 90th Birthday Dinner
- 20 July – Workshop for pipe band committees of management (11.00am-2.00pm)
- 16 November – Massed bands from Fed Square to Immigration Museum as part of the official opening of the Scottish Migration Story to Victoria (11.15am – 1.00pm)